People often ask: “what can i do to lose weight fast?”, well here’s a few things you can do right
now that are great to help you lose weight and can be beneficial to your health in the long term
if you continue following these simple tips.
1. Eat More Vegetables: All weight loss meal plans must include vegetables because they are
high in nutrition and super low in calories. Think about it… We only feel hungry because our
bodies need nutrition. Once our bodies get the nutrition it desires, the hunger goes away. And
if you eat nothing but crap, it’s going to take a lot of crap to finally feel full. Additionally, studies
show that people who eat vegetables and fruits tend to weigh less (Nih.gov).
2. Eat Breakfast: People who eat breakfast, will eat less during the rest of the day. Try eating
more protein at the beginning of the day so that you’ll feel fuller longer. Studies show that
replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you eat fewer calories for the next 36
hours, and lose more weight and more body fat (Nih.gov, Nature.com).
3. Drink More Water: You’ve heard this before in many other tips for losing weight fast… And
it’s true… The quickest way to lose weight is to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. This
is important because water helps you efficiently metabolize fat. When you don’t have enough
water in your diet to lose weight, you’re slowing down the fat loss process. In fact, Drinking
water can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1-1.5 hours, helping you burn off a few
4. Stop Drinking Soda: If you love drinking soda every day, the fastest way to lose weight is for
you to stop! And also stop drinking sugary drinks… It doesn’t matter if it’s Diet and says 0
calories! Many people who stop drinking soda and other sugary drinks often lose up to 10
pounds with no effort at all beyond that!
5. Stop Drinking Your Calories: If you need to lose weight fast (this falls under fast weight loss
tricks), you need to stop drinking your calories entirely! This is mainly soda like mentioned
before but also juices. Juices have been found to have as much sugar as a soft drink like coke
(TheLancet.com). Additionally, research has shown that drinking calories is not the same as
eating calories. Think about it, eating a nice healthy sandwich will be about 600 calories and
about 3 cans of coke will be about the same… However, the sandwich will have you feeling full,
while you’ll still want something to eat if you only drink coke. Meal replacement shakes DO NOT
fall under here, those are designed to help you feel full.
6. Get Tempting Foods Out Of The House: This means get rid of a all junk food in the house…
Chips, candy, frozen dinners, soft drinks, juices, and anything else that has almost no nutritional
value what so ever. By getting rid of the junk food, you’ll greatly decrease the desire to snack on
something you shouldn’t be eating… Besides, with the proper weight loss meal plan, you will
feel full all day so you don’t need the unhealthy and salty snacks!
7. Do Not Binge at Home: Have trouble controlling how much you eat of your favorite food?
For example, ice cream or other treats… Then do not have it around your house. Instead, eat
those foods only when you go out to eat.
8. Eat Only From a Plate: The best weight loss plan includes you eating the correct amount of
food and the way you track that is by making sure you can account for everything you eat. So
never stand in front of a frig snacking on foods or walking around looking for something to
9. Eat From a Smaller Plate: If you’re not following a weight loss meal plan, then you need to
at least start eating less food. You can achieve this by using smaller plates. Normally dinner
plates range from 10 to 14 inches and the bad thing about this is that many of us will fill this
plate with food. Instead, you want to use a salad plate that’s about 7 to 9 inches wide, which
will help you not to eat so much. WebMD stated the following: “A smaller plate full of food just
feels more satisfying than a large plate with that same amount of food on it.”
10. Eat Only One Serving: Often one serving is more than enough to help you feel full. In order
to achieve this, make sure that you don’t place any extra food on the table for people to get
seconds. By having the food right in front of you, you’ll feel like you have to eat more.
Remember to pace yourself, your mind takes 20 minutes to find out it’s full.
11. Don’t Focus on What You Can’t Have: Instead of focusing on what you can’t eat, focus on
what you can eat. For example, more vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, fish, legumes, nuts,
12. Start Preparing Your Own Meals in Advance: The best way to lose weight fast is by taking
into account everything you eat. The best way to do this is by preparing your own meals in
advance. Many people plan 5-7 days in advance so that they know what they’re eating every
13. Keep Healthy Foods Around in Case You Get Hungry: Too far to your next healthy meal?
Then make sure to always have a few healthy choices around you to prevent you from picking
unhealthy foods. A few possible snacks includes: whole fruits, a handful of nuts, baby carrots,
yogurt, or a hard boiled egg (or two).
14. Stick to a Few of Your Favorite Meals: Weight loss can be very easy by simply repeating and
rotating a few simple meals that you know are the right serving size for your weight loss goals.
For example, many people who go through the 3 Week Diet system, will prepare their foods in
advance like those below:
15. Keep Your Hands Busy: Love munching while watching TV? Then find something to keep
your hands busy. For example, take up knitting, sewing, doing your nails, or anything else you
can think of!
16. Cravings Go Away: On average, most craving go away after 20 minutes. This means you
need to find something to distract you until that junk food craving passes by.
17. Get the Healthy Alternative: Craving some junk that just won’t go away? Then find a similar
but healthier alternative. There are many healthy recipes online that are healthy alternatives to
what you’re craving!
18. Swap Your Go to Meals: Have a go to meal that’s made up of a lot of carbs? Change this
meal for something that has less carbs and possibly something with a lean protein. Making this
simple switch will help add up to a big difference.
19. Don’t Eat While Watching TV: A recent study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
found that paying attention while eating can aid weight loss efforts while distracted eating can
lead to a long-term increase in food consumption. This means, you need to start eating at a
table so that you can concentrate on how much you’re eating. So, stay away from eating when
watching TV or any other form of entertainment.